Thursday, May 30, 2013

I Bet Some of You STILL Don't Believe this Nation is not Founded on the Bible and Christianity

No Worries! Here is More Evidence

     Now, before I begin to post what I intend to post for this particular blog I want to post something rather curious and interesting that I found on Youtube. So, this video here IS a long one, but I gotta tell you it is immensely interesting. Instead of a group of Christians pushing the idea that this country was founded on Christianity and the Bible, this film proposes the idea that it is all a ginormous plot to make the Founding Fathers APPEAR as Christians when they really meant something very different and very bad.
     Apparently, the creators of this film would have you believe that the real plot by the Founding Fathers in allowing themselves to appear as Christians was to purposely mislead people about the supposed 'spiritual battle' that humankind is in. This is great giggle material so grab your popcorn and maybe even some booze.

     This is another interesting video that goes from one extreme to the other as it says that this nation was NOT founded on Christianity (which I agree with) but rather is evil and against Christianity as a whole (say WHAT?).

     I want to be sure that before you go further that you understand deism. Just in case there are people reading this blog who do not understand deism and what it is and how it applies in various circumstances (or how people try to apply it) here is a very good video that gives excellent explanations and examples.

     Here is another excellent video that provides excellent information as to deism and its meaning.

     Pay attention, all ye who think this nation belongs only to those believing in God and the Bible. Look, I am an American, born and raised in the United States and the fact I am of Native American heritage really says a lot about how far back my ancestral roots go. I love this country. I love its people (even though some think I should NOT have rights because I am lesbian; and yes I sometimes refer to such people as assholes and mother fuckers). I love and respect and cherish the freedom I am allowed to live with, and I am especially grateful that I can go to sleep at night and not have to worry that when I wake up in the morning my freedoms and my country will have ceased to exist.
     I put together and write blogs such as this one because I see a very dangerous trend growing at an almost malignant rate. Many citizens and religious groups in the United States seem to tune out those ideologies that helped to found this nation. Somehow, many of these individuals and groups have twisted the ideals of freedom and expression as so allowed by our founding documents, and have haughtily asserted that such things are only intended for those with God and Jesus and the Bible as their source of morality. This is both a tragedy and a travesty.
     As a nation WE cannot allow spiritual and religious fears and prognostications based on those fears to unravel what this country has worked so hard to accomplish over the last two hundred-plus years. Frankly, a good start to preserving this nation would be to toss the notion of this nation being founded on the Bible and Christianity. To do that there are a lot of people who seriously need to be deprogrammed when it comes to the insanity of claiming the United States is a Christian nation.
     I am not stating that people of the Christian faith should be persecuted or deprived of any right. Freedom of religion and consequently FROM religion is excellent. What I AM stating is that Christians (or any other religion for that matter) have the right to believe whatever it is they choose to believe but they need to STOP misinterpreting religious freedom as any kind of Christian right or entitlement to run any government office or to create and preside over legislation that all citizens must live by or else.

     Listen to what this man says about the Founding Fathers and the people they governed in relation to religion and its gradual infiltration of government.

     I like this as it specifically addresses one of the most popular misquoted statements that support the idea this nation was founded on Christianity.

     Three cheers for delusional Christian rhetoric in politics. You can believe in whatever you want, but don't think for one minute I will stand silent as some Christian individuals and groups attempt to strip me of my rights or anyone else of their rights simply because we choose to reject the highly unethical spiritual elitism that is a lie, and that states the country was intended for Christians, was founded on the Bible, and was created only for believers.

     Do you really think that this country was founded on absurd ideals that lend support to or encourage or insinuate or back claims that this nation's leader is the anti-Christ? How fucking stupid can you get? Well, apparently pretty stupid since a variety of presidents have been labeled as the anti-Christ to include Kennedy, Clinton, both Bushes, Nixon, LBJ, and most recently Obama. There is no question whatsoever in my mind that the Founding Fathers would scoff at such hideously insane comments and the notoriously bipolar religion/scriptures such comments are founded on.

     Out STANDING!! Out-freakin'-standing, Mr. President!!! FINALLY an American politician who is not afraid to address ridiculousness of religion in government.


No comments:

Post a Comment